The original card was a total blast to make and I'm embarrassed to say how much I played with that card after I made it;) For my CASE card, I pulled 3 main elements from the original: bold color, a reverse die cut, and an interesting filler! The result is this card...
A while back, I picked up this multi-color pack of sand at Michael's with just this kind of card in mind. The sand almost looks like colored glitter but it's so much cheaper. So just like those sand bottles you did in 4th grade, I filled up that acetate pocket layer by layer. The fun level on this project is a 10!
The trick to this project is to really load up the acetate pocket. Add the sand, shake out the air pockets, add the sand, shake out the air pockets. Loading the pocket as much as you can will keep the sand from shifting. The last step it to plug up the fill hole with a small piece of foam tape.
To put the card together, I glued the die cut panel over the filled acetate pocket (make sure you glue on those small pieces inside the "4", "A", and "P"). Then I glued both of those to the front of the card base. This card is certainly not mailable (lol), but I was surprised by how well the colors stay separated!
Thanks so much for stopping in today! I cannot wait to see what the DT and YOU have in store for this challenge:)
Mahalo and Aloha,