This is one of those sets that the stamps just speak for themselves. No fancy techniques needed;) For this card, I stamped the bike onto watercolor paper using Versacolor ink (which will not run using watercolors/water-based inks). I just love how crisp that bike stamp image is! Using some of my Stampin Up water-based inks, I painted the background. If you look closely, I did a little splatter painting to simulate raindrops.
As a little detail, I fussy cut the flag (splattered a bit of "rain" on it) and glued it to the card base. To simulate a flag, I used foam tape the trailing edge of the flag and scortape on the side of the flag attached to the flag pole. Love the way it looks like it's waving!
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the blog hop! Click on over to the other Avery Elle gals to see the new releases in action! This month we have the fantastic Donna Mikasa playing along with us!
JJ Bolton (you are here:)
Kasia Curry (Kasia's March release stamps are caught up in customs, but go visit her anyway:)
To celebrate the March Release Blog Hop, Avery Elle is giving away and $25 Gift Certificate to one winner on the Avery Elle blog and another $25 Gift Certificate to a winner on Facebook (just share them with your friends and make sure they say you sent them). You have until Sunday, March 3rd to enter. The winner will be announced on the Avery Elle blog on Monday, March 4th. All products will be available for purchase tonight at midnight EST.
There are tons of way to increase your chances of winning:
- Comment on any of the design team's posts and the Avery Elle blog
- Tweet the contest (we are @averyellestamps)
- Share with your friends on Facebook (we are www.facebook.com/AveryElle) and make sure they tell us you sent them
- Pin one of the March Release projects from the Avery Elle blog or the design team blogs to Pinterest
- Like us on Facebook (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you like us or already like us)
- Become a blog follower at the Avery Elle blog (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you become a follower or are already a follower)
- Join our Flickr group (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you join or are already a member)
Mahalo and Aloha,